Monday, February 20, 2012

Hello everyone!!

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post again! Since the internet connection does not reach my room, I only have certain times when I can get on, so it limits the amount of time I can blog to all y'all... Dinner is in ten minutes, so I have to be brief! Things have gotten so much better after the jet-lag has worn off a bit! I still miss everyone tremendously, but I can look past it and give myself to helping the women at Wildflower.

So far I have only been working in the nursery with four children ages 2-5. They have EXTREMELY different personalities, but they are a joy to work with. One of the boys, age three, wants to be a policeman very badly. The first morning that I came to the nursery to watch them, it was the cutest thing, he looked up at me (I should say WAY up, he barely reaches past my knee), saluted, and said "I am policeman" with the most serious expression I have ever seen on a three-year-old's face. Throughout the morning he would randomly repeat this process, to which I would salute in return and reply "Yes sir!"

I was going to post some pictures, but I've run out of time--I'll have more time soon!

Love everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Bec! That little boy sounds absolutely adorable!! Tell us about the people you're volunteering with, are there any others from the US? Can't wait to hear more! You're in my prayers!! Love youuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria!!! The only other person from the US is the volunteer coordinator here--the other English speakers are from the UK--haha, I find that I am starting to speak in a British accent when I talk with the children now! I work mainly with Nam Pueng (it means Honey in Thai) and Nguen, who is Vietnamese. Since we are with the children, there are not many other volunteers who are in and out because the kids need stability, you know? But I am getting to know everyone here bit by bit. I think it will be better when I start teaching the women by myself for two hours at a time--I think I'll get to know them a little more and be more comfortable in conversing with them.

    I love and miss you so much girl!! Thank you so much for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec...how old are the British and Vietnamese peeps you work with?

    ReplyDelete